Accolades, Honours and Special EventsAccolades, Honours:
2015 Postgraduate Research Awards:
- Ashton Connor - Edward Christie Stevens Fellowships in Medicine, & the Joseph M. West Family Memorial Fund
- David Gomez Jaramillo - Wiliam S. Fenwick Research Fellowship and the Chisholm Memorial Fellowship
- Daniel Kagedan - Joseph M. West Family Memorial Fund
- Stephanie Mason - Award Recipient of the 2015 Queen Elizabeth II/Wellesley Surgeon Scholarship in Science and Technology.
- James Byrne - Presented his paper "Timing of Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis in Severe Traumatic Brain Injury: A Propensity-Matched Cohort Study' at the 2015 Canadian Committee on Trauma - Trauma Association of Canada Resident/Fellow Paper Competition. It was unanimously chosen the best presentation/work of Region XII.
- Dylan Pannell - CAGS Resident Award for Teaching Excellence
- Daniel Abramowitz - Dr. Leo Mahoney Resident Teaching Award
- Jonathan Josse - Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy video was created by Jonathan as part of his PGY2 Mentorship project http://pie.med.utoronto.ca/LapChole/index.htm
- Elliot Wakeam abstract titled “Barriers and Strategies for Effective Patient Rescue: A qualitative Study of Outliers” accepted for presentation in the 2014 surgical Forum program, it has been selected for an Excellence in Research Award for the category of Quality – Safety and Costs. (July 14, 2014)
- Congratulations to Chethan Sathya who is currently a Fellow in Global Journalism at the Munk School of Global Affairs. We would like to share a few stories Chethan has written for CBC news and the Toronto Star:
Docs offside on physician-assisted suicide
Why surgeon's skills need testing during training
Ontario bill would extend child welfare services to older youth
Congratulations to our 2013 award winners for the "Stevens Norvell
- Daniel Kagedan and Josh Ng - in recognition of achieving the second-highest mark nationally on the 2013 Resident in Training CAGS Examination for first-year residents.
- Matt Strickland - in recognition of achieving the second-highest mark nationally on the 2013 Resident in Training CAGS Examination for second-year residents. And a special shout out to Matt for winning the national laparascopic suturing competition this year at CAGS.
-Minister of Health is Resident for a Day at St. Joe's Toronto
-The Premier Visits St. Michael's Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute Oct. 2012
-The Premier Visits the Cancer Centre at Sunnybrook Sept. 2012